Create your own underbust corset with this simple underbust corset pattern and picture tutorial. It’s never been easier making an underbust corset. Sizes are small to x-large, so there’s a corset for everyone.
- A print out of the pattern: cut out in your right size.
- Main fabric (the outside of the corset)with a minimum width of 120 cm, you’ll need: 60 cm.
- Interfacing: 90 cm x 60 cm should suffice.
- Lining (I use some good sturdy cotton fabric. Twill or coutil is a good choice) minimum width of 140 cm, you’ll need: 30 cm. If it’s 120, you’ll need: 60 cm.
- Boning casing or bias tape. (I’ve used bias tape in this tutorial): 3 meters.
- Bias tape for the top and bottom part (you can use the same as for the boning panels): 2 meters.
- Sturdy cotton ribbon 2-2,5 cm wide for the waist tape (twill tape or petersham ribbon): 1 meter.
- Eyelets with washers (5 mm in diameter): 20 pieces. If you buy a pack, you should get some tools with them.
- Hole puncher: 4,5 mm in size.
- Boning: 3,5 meters of 11 mm boning, and 0,5 meters of 7 mm boning.
I’ve used plastic boning for this corset in the tutorial, which you can cut with a good pair of scissors (don’t use your fabric scissors!!!). You can also use steel boning or spiral steel boning. Remember tip-thingies, if you choose metal boning.
- Scissors (both for fabric and for paper/plastic)
- A sewing machine (plus thread, needles and all that jazz).
- A serger, if you have one – otherwise you can zigzag you seams.
- Tailors chalk.
- Measuring tape.
- Seam allowance ruler.
With this downloadable tutorial you will get a printable pattern, which can be printed easily from your home printer, and a comprehensive tutorial with 43 step-by-step pictures.
Just remember not to scale the pages when you print out the pattern. The paper size used is standard A4.
The pattern is made to fit sizes small to large, where:
small fits waist sizes 60 cm to 67 cm. The corset waist is 55 cm.
medium fits waist sizes 67 cm to 74 cm. The corset waist is 63 cm.
large fits waist sizes 74 cm to 82 cm. The corset waist is 71 cm.
x-large fits waist sizes 82 cm to 90 cm. The corset waist is 79 cm.
You can create beautiful shiny underbust corsets by using pretty fashion fabrics as this one. It’s perfect for evening wear, when you want all eyes on you! :)
Or you could make a simpler one in cotton for a more day wear look, to create that lovely waist. What a way to goth up the corporate life, eh? ;P
Here you can see the inside of the corset. It’s made with good sturdy cotton, and with a waist tape, so it’ll last longer, and keep the shape, you’ll learn to love.
Buy the Simple Underbust Corset Tutorial With Pattern: $5 excl. TAX (a 25% sales tax is applied only in the E.U.)